Monday, April 9, 2012

Has this ever happened to you?

I am from Canada, I have lived in the US for 19 years. I sill have some very good friends back home. A few times a year they come down to see us. Well they came this weekend. So on Friday the kids and I were busy getting the house ready. The way my home is, you have to clean up within hours of friends coming because my family can destroy it in a 1/2 hour. At 5:30 I just about had things wrapped up but the vacuum was out, I was getting ready to mop and the beds still had to be made and they showed up! I thought they were coming on Saturday! I couldn't believe I got the days mixed up! I like to give the impression that I have my act together and my house is "always in order", but now I was caught red handed. Unprepared and forgetful.Thankfully my wonderful friends pitched in to help out and even made us dinner. It's tough being a super mom and it's a real treat to be able to throw off my cape, take off the mask and admit I'm not perfect...(once and awhile)
Christine 


No comments:

Post a Comment