Thursday, April 19, 2012

Lady Bug Nails

My daughter loves to paint her nails. I have been polishing them since she was about 4 months old. Yesterday we decided to try something new. Lady bug nails! This is what I used:

Nail Tek Ridge Filling Base Foundation II
Venique Nail Lacquer in Dr. Feel Good
Art Club Color Nail Lacquer in Black
Orly French Tip in Pointe Blanche
Orly Polished 3 in 1 Top Coat
2 tooth picks

Here are the steps:

1) Apply a thin layer of the ridge filler.
2)Apply one even layer of the red polish
3)Paint one thin solid black line down the center of the nail and 2 or more dots on each side of the line.
4)Color in a small half moon at the tip of the nail.
5)Dip your tooth pick in the white and make 2 little dots for eyes in the black half circle.
6)Apply thin layer of top coat.
7)Voila you have your lady bugs!!

Lady bugs for my lady!
All the polishes that I used dry fairly quickly and last too. My daughter was so happy with how they turned out. They weren't perfect but we had fun doing it and we'll always remember that:)



No comments:

Post a Comment