Thursday, March 22, 2012

To Color or not to color?

This is a conversation I have had with many clients. Should I start to color my hair? When should I stop coloring my hair? Whatever you decide to do, own it. Love it! I see people all the time with massive grow-out and it looks terrible. If you have a lot of grey be committed to taking care of the grow-out every4-5 weeks. There is nothing the matter with having grey hair. It can be very beautiful especially if you have it cut in flattering style.
A classic well kept bob
If the idea of being all grey or just a sprinkle of it, is to much to bear, then the best option for you is a color a few shades lighter than your hair was when you were younger. Adding some highlights and low-lights will give you some dimension and help the color to look more natural as it grows out. Coloring your hair will take 10 years off, or so the experts say. But not taking care of your color will put 15 years back on. Your only as old as you want to be. Don't let the way you color your hair or not make that choice for you.
Medium warm base color with highlights and low-lights 

No comments:

Post a Comment